||In FY 2006, NHS, Inc was proud to provide the following services to the people of the area:
- Assisted 1,800 people interested in becoming homeowners,
- Provided financial literacy and certified homebuyer education to more than 900 participants who received certificates from one of the 24 classes held,
- Worked with a pool of 300 participants to provide one-on-one credit counseling,
- Closed 17 loans from the revolving loan fund for down payment, closing cost assistance and home improvements,
- As a result, NHS facilitated the purchase of over 280 homes for first time buyers throughout the region.
- NHS participated in 120 outreach activities speaking to more than 1,500 individuals about housing issues as well as our services and products,
- Hosted two Homebuyer Clubs and twenty four Homebuyers’ Classes, creating more than 600 educated individuals which was an increase of about 50%,
- Provided credit restoration and mortgage readiness counseling to approximately 300 individuals,
- Created a partnership with the University of Pittsburgh School of Law Community and Economic Development Clinic (CED), and the Home Ownership Preservation Project (HOPP) to address the foreclosure problem in the region,
- Developed an initiative called, My Money, My Life to promote financial literacy for youth ages 16-21 in partnership with the Federal Home Loan Bank, Allegheny County Department of Community and Economic Development, and nine local financial institutions.
- Educated more than 600 individuals on Predatory Lending in partnership with the Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group, Fannie Mae, Neighborhood Legal Services, elected officials, and several local lenders.
- Closed nine closing cost/down payment assistance loans and four Home Improvement Loans. In addition, NHS was provided a fee to provide counseling and package 10 loans for low-income home owners for a refinance product with PNC Bank and seventeen loans for the Anti Predatory Lending Initiative.
- Created a partnership with the West Penn Hospital Community Partnership and Freddie Mac, whereby NHS will provide all Homebuyer Education, Credit Restoration and Mortgage Readiness Counseling to the employees of a large, local hospital beginning in 2007.